Razz Poker Tips
Razz is a poker game where you can throw out everything you know about poker practically because this is a completely new poker game. In Razz the objective is for the player to win the hand by having the lowest hand possible. The lowest possible hand in Razz is the A-2-3-4-5 and you should note that the ace is always a low card in Razz. When you’re completing your best five card low hand you need to keep in mind that you can’t use any pairs in your hand or else you’ll automatically lose to any player that doesn’t have a pair.
* When you’re trying to figure out what starting hands are worth playing in Razz you should keep in mind that anything with a pair should be folded. If you don’t have a pair in your first three cards then you can take a look at what exactly you have. If you have been dealt three cards valued A-6 then you should play the hand almost no matter how big the pot goes. If you have been dealt A-9 then you could consider playing the hand based on how many players are in the hand and other factors.
* Razz is played a lot like you play seven card stud and the difference being the fact you’re trying to achieve the lowest possible hand. The cards are dealt out the same way in Razz as they are in Seven Card Stud though and this means you get to see some of the up-cards as they’re dealt. It’s important that you notice the up-cards that your opponent’s have or else you’re only asking for trouble. By seeing the up-cards that your opponent has you’ll be able to gain an idea about where you stand in the hand.
* You need to watch everyone that folds so that you can see what up-cards they have folded. If the cards you need have all been folded then it would be nice to know that before making an expensive call. You can save a lot of money and make a lot of money by paying attention to the cards that the other players on the table fold.
* Bluffing is definitely a possibility when you’re playing Razz and it’s actually a pretty big part of the game. Since everyone can see each others up-cards you can bet that you can get away with some bluffing based on your up-cards. If you have been dealt an A-2 as your first two up-cards then you’re going to be able to get away with stealing the pot in most cases even if your other cards are junk. Knowing when to bluff can be difficult, but basically the best time to try it out is when you have low up-cards and everyone else is sitting with high up-cards.
* You aren’t going to be able to chase every single hand that you’re dealt and you need to be patient. If you have any face cards dealt to you then the hand should be folded immediately. Try and play only the best hands so that when you do play you have a high winning percentage.